Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
Posted on: May 24 2013
By: Dr. Olivia Hutchinson
When it comes to finding a great plastic surgeon, patients in NYC are lucky to have some outstanding choices. If you’re thinking about undergoing any cosmetic surgery procedure, do your research before proceeding with surgery. Meeting with the surgeon is essential in establishing a professional relationship based on trust and developing a subjective personal response. Important objective considerations include:
- board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- advanced specialty fellowship training in aesthetic plastic surgery
- membership in national plastic surgery societies – American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- experience and qualification in aesthetic plastic surgery
- peer recognition by physicians
In the most recent issue of the New York Times Magazine (May 19, 2013), SuperDoctors® published a select list of physicians who were recognized by their peers as being exceptional in their specified field. Dr. Olivia Hutchinson was listed in the “Surgery, Cosmetic/Reconstructive” specialty for New York Metro region, and was among approximately only 5% of all plastic surgeons in the New York City metropolitan area to have been selected. Candidates were evaluated on 10 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement, including years of experience, professional activities, leadership positions, academic achievements, honors and awards and other outstanding achievement.
Dr. Hutchinson is a female board certified plastic surgeon in NYC with specialty fellowship training in aesthetic surgery. Her office off Park Avenue in Manhattan is equipped with a fully certified AAAASF Operating Room. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Hutchinson please contact us or call us at (212) 452-1400.
Posted in: Medical News