Traditional facelifts can drastically improve your facial appearance and give you a boost in self-confidence. Some patients, however, are uncomfortable with the longer downtime and extended incisions associated with a full facelift. For those patients, several other methods exist to revitalize and rejuvenate their looks. One such popular procedure is the mini facelift. As a more limited intervention, it serves a preventative function to restore youthfulness before you need a more significant and extensive procedure.
Who is a Candidate for a Mini Facelift?
While there isn’t a strict upper age limit for this surgery, the traditional version may be more suitable for older patients who have greater amounts of excess skin. During your consultation, Dr. Hutchinson will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan and address all your concerns.
A mini facelift is suitable for patients who:
- Want to address fine lines and excess skin in the mid or lower part of the face
- Prefer a short recovery period due to lifestyle considerations
- Are interested in obtaining moderate improvements in their appearance before significant signs of aging become noticeable
As with any procedure, it is also extremely important that you:
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight
- Refrain from smoking
- Have realistic expectations for possible results