A facelift recreates a youthful appearance by removing lax or excess skin, tightening the soft tissues and underlying musculature, and restoring definition in the jawline and cheeks. The surgery is considered the gold standard in facial rejuvenation, thanks to its dramatic and long-lasting changes. As a Fellowship trained, board certified authority in the field of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Hutchinson’s eye for detail, coupled with her sophisticated sense of artistry, ensure a final result that is harmonious and natural-looking.
What Does a Facelift Address?
A facelift, technically known as a rhytidectomy (literally, “removal of wrinkles”,) rejuvenates the mid to lower face and upper neck. The procedure is most effective for patients who want to correct:
- Facial skin laxity with wrinkling and sagging
- Deep creases under the eyes
- Folds between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Jowls due to loss of skin and muscle tone
- Areas of protruding fat
- Loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw
- Loss of soft tissue volume in the midface
- Decreased skin elasticity
- Muscle bands in the neck