If you’re bothered by the appearance of a scar from prior surgery or trauma, Dr. Hutchinson, a Fellowship trained, board certified plastic surgeon in NYC, can help. With her meticulous approach, skill, experience, and knowledge in revising scars, she can help restore an aesthetically pleasing appearance while enhancing self-confidence.
What Kinds of Scars are There?
- Acne Scarring: Develops after severe acne and can become pitted
- Contracture Scarring: Typically develops after skin burns
- Keloid Scarring: A raised, dark scar that extends beyond the borders of the injury
- Hypertrophic Scarring: A raised, red scar that is confined to the area of injury
- Atrophic Scarring: Scars that are indented into the skin and occur after trauma, such as chickenpox or lesion removal