For or aging skin, Dr. Hutchinson may recommend the use of laser therapy or dermabrasion.
Who is a Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Although lasers provide an excellent option for skin rejuvenation, not everyone is a candidate. Skin characteristics (including thickness, color, pigment, sun damage) and any previous skin treatments will influence the decision-making process in terms of candidacy for laser skin resurfacing. Determining if you are an appropriate candidate will depend on whether or not you:
- Are bothered by the current appearance of their skin
- Have non-oily skin that is still fairly elastic
- Are in good general health, with no pre-existing health conditions
- Do not have any active infections or sores
- Have not used Accutane® for the past six months
- Have not had other skin resurfacing treatments in the last few months
- Are not prone to developing keloids or thick scars